Re: [gnome-love] RE: Revisiting Gnucash..

Nicely put Sri, indeed Gnucash is one of these projects that does need to
see the love of HIG, development evolution and some re-architecture.

Yep.

So while I would love to see a HIG'ified GTK+ 2.x port, first I would love
to see a clean up of some of its dependancies for easier porting to not so
popular linux distros or other X systems.

I think moving to GTK+2 will probably clear some of the dependencies.
There are other libraries of course it uses in order to do online banking
and I think they have something that is similar to libgda.  There's a
debate going on over the merits of libgda versus their stuff.  Of course,
you really need to move to glib2 I think to take advantage of libgda.

But really, if someone could help these people out it would be really
really nice.  They seriously need our help and we should give it.

sri