Re: [gnome-network]PATCHES for bug 114826

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 12:25, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> this one looks perfect and has now been applied to CVS, except for the
> .png file. Could you please resend that file, so that I add it to CVS?

You can find the PNG file at
http://www.nishra.com/patches/gnome-remote-shell_window.png

> > http://www.nishra.com/patches/help-and-err.patch
> >
> this one has some small problems. For instance, you replaced all
> #include's with an "#include gnome.h". While this is correct, it slows
> down compilation, since a lot of unneeded header files are used during
> the compilation. So please don't do that, keep the headers as they are.

I understand. My recent patch reverts this change.

> Also, please remove the big /*** for the functions you added. Those are
> private functions, so there is no need to have them documented as you
> did. Just add a quick comment (/* this does this */).

Done.

> Also, in some:
>
> +			title = g_strdup_printf ("Failed to create a connection");
> +			reason = g_strdup_printf ("The host cannot be found");
> +			create_error (title, reason);
> +
> +			g_free (title);
> +			g_free (reason);
>
> there is really no reason at all to allocate memory for 'reason' :-) Just
> pass the const string to the create_error function.

That's also done. I just thought that it was cleaner by creating a new
variable and passing both title and reason to create_error(). But this
also works.

The new patch can be found at:
http://www.nishra.com/patches/help-and-err-2.patch

--