From: Olaf Leidinger <oleid posteo net>
To: Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein yahoo com>; Gnome-shell-list <gnome-shell-list gnome org>; Adam Williams <awilliam whitemice org>; Olaf Leidinger <oleid mescharet de>
Sent: Saturday, October 7, 2017 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: The Gnome problem with btrfs

Dear Leslie,

you could try a different distribution with a different kernel version
to rule out, that it's a Fedora specific bug in i.e. their kernel. I
assume you had no problem with the former Fedora release on btrfs?

There are simply too many variables in this system to come to an
unambiguous conclusion.

Also, since you are using a lot of extensions, can you reduce the amount
to a smaller set causing the problem? Am I correct you assume you have
no problem without any extensions?

Kind regards,
Olaf