Re: second report: cheese integration

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 13:24 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> hey!
>
> of course you are right about the fact, that then every app could put
> itself onto the gtkfilechooser.
>
> but i would like to see it more like: every hardware device is putting
> itself up there. i mean, you can access your disks, your favourite
> places, why not your webcam?

We're browsing for files, otherwise we could add every single piece of
hardware in there. Should we add a way to create sound samples from
within the file chooser because people might need to upload them? What
about creating screencasts from within the filechooser? Maybe a drawing,
because I can draw with my tablet...

You could add a "Capture new avatar" under the cheese tagged images in
Cosimo's work, I don't deny that, but adding it as a top-level sidebar
item is just overdoing it.

> of course we should do that with a common sense and not putting it up
> there, when a user looks for his ice cream.

How would you know what the user is looking for?