Re: [xml] Re: [gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libxml++ is now sane.

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 22:57, Paul Davis wrote:
> if you're going to try to improve it, i would pass on one
> recommendation. this API:
>
> const Node * add_child (const std::string &name)
>       Node * add_child (Node *node)
>
> has caused dozens of stupid bugs in my code, because it doesn't make
> it clear whether the added child is copied or not (its not).

Personally, I have tried to avoid using add_child(Node* node) for this
reason. I think it would be best to say
"All Nodes must be created by DomParser, not by yourself."

Maybe we can remove that method.

> ardour has had its own copy of libxml++ for some time, and we have
> been unable to get the author to accept any of our patches. we changed
> the API to:

Please try again. There is a different maintainer and we have a patch
manager now.

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net