Re: GtkList widget and mouse buttons

Quoting Lars Hamann (lars@gtk.org):

> > Lars Hamman, I believe, has some current plans for making the
> > button actions in GtkCList configurable. A compatible interface
> > to GtkList should be OK, though IMO, the mouse bindings for a
> > List (or CList) widget are something that an application should
> > touch with very great care, since standardization here is
> > essential from the point of view of the user.
>
> Yes, I'm working currently on a proposal Tim Janik made once.
>
> typedef enum
> {
>   GTK_BUTTON_IGNORED	  = 0,
>   GTK_BUTTON_SELECTS	  = 1 << 0,
>   GTK_BUTTON_DRAGS	  = 1 << 1,
> } GtkButtonFlags;
>

> void
> gtk_clist_set_button_actions (GtkCList            *clist,
>				GtkButtonActionType  button1_actions,
>				GtkButtonActionType  button2_actions,
>				GtkButtonActionType  button3_actions);
>

> Unfortunately I'm very busy. Hope I can produce something useful
> this weekend.

Hmm... what about the people with 5-button mice :-) ? Please use

void
gtk_clist_set_button_actions (GtkCList            *clist,
			      guint		   button,
			      GtkButtonActionType  button_actions);

If this could be changed within the .rc file, it would be great, too.
(Otherwise, the people with the many buttons would have to relay on the
developers with the few buttons to be nice :-).

--
Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla             Team AMIGA     ARO
Author of XDME, ResTrackLib, CInt.		       <http://www.aros.org/>