Re: Visual bug in gtk_widget_set_sensitive() / GtkOptionMenu

On 27 Nov 1998, Dave Cole wrote:

> Owen> I'm however, not really sure it makes sense for an insensitive
> Owen> item to be displayed as the current item of a sensitive option
> Owen> menu... since insensitivity means "cannot be selected".
>
> I can code around the problem now that I know that it exists.  Other
> people may not be so lucky.
>
> I have a group of inter-related widgets in my application.  User
> interaction with other widgets can force changes to the option menu.
> With this sensitivity "feature", the order that I perform updates to
> the option menu and items becomes critical.

hm, i'm actually not sure whether your approach is at all correct.
it's certainly maningfull to disable certain menu items for the option
menu selection, but what happens if you set a menu item to insensitive
that is currently selected falls more or less under "undefined
behaviour". you might be better off to make sure to reset the option menu
into a valid state, i.e. select a new sensitive menu item if the current one
becomes insensitive, since the current item shouldn't have been the selcted
one in that case anyways.
it would eventually make sense to integrate that functionality into the
option menu, though i guess that wouldn't be flexible enough for most
applications, and actually strikes me as too much magic on the toolkit side.

> - Dave

---
ciaoTJ