Re: Insensitive pixmaps

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 11:17:17AM -0400, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> >  While coding some feature for one of my projects using Gtk (GtkSQL), I
> >  found that it would be really useful to be able to build GtkPixmaps
> >  with two different images in them, one when sensitive, one when
> >  unsensitive (so that Toolbars with no text can show which buttons are
> >  sensitive, for example).
> [snip]
> >   1) is this already implemented somewhere ? (I checked all the
> >      modifications in the latest Gtk+'s ChangeLog, but found nothing for
> >      Pixmaps)
>
> This is done in the Gnome libraries by the gnome-stock module.  You
> can either explicitly provide a pixmap to use when the widget is
> insensitive, or have it generate it for you from the normal version
> automatically.
>
>   Federico

It would be nice to have the insensitive pixmaps at the lower level
too.  I was looking for this feature in GnomePixmap this weekend
in fact. ;-)

Perhaps we can move the generation of a insensitive pixmap down
a few levels into GtkPixmap.  In gnome-stock is the insensitive
generation done with gdk_imlib or just on the Gdk Pixmap "manually"?

Does the algorithm just blend the background color with the pixmap,
or is it more complex?

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking