Re: Restructuring GDK for 1.3

>  2) Virtualize GdkDrawable and GdkGC so that alternate drawing
>     implementations can be substituted. (So you could
>     have, say, postscript drawables)

In Windows, the equivalent of drawables in this context have a
"mapping" function defined, that enables the programmer to invoke
methods on the drawables and get their draw operations properly scaled
according to the mapping defined.

Is anything like this contemplated?  I think you will need something
like this to make Postscript drawables worth using.

Miguel.