Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

- on GObject.  Too complex for glib, IMO.  It would require
  moving the signal stuff too, and the signal marshallers (which seem
  rather unseemly for glib anyway).

  More likely successful with be investigating how to compile the right
  subset gtk so as not to require X, as my sound program
  also could benefit.

  Note that you do not need X anyway, just the X libraries.
  Of course, you can't call gtk_init-- you have to initialize
  a few subsystems manually.

- yes, swig or a similar tool would be loved by many.
  There was a thread on gnome-devel I think very recently
  about this.  (Miguel had some interesting notes about haskell)

Dave