Re: GtkItemFactoryEntry (was: Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?)

On 11 Dec 1999, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
>
> > > We don't. GtkItemFactory has been removed from Gtk-- in favor of a
> > > better API for Gtk_MenuItem.
> >
> > better? well, you at least announce them to the item factory class
>
> "them" ?

the menu items you create.

> > with gtk_item_factory_add_foreign() then?  otherwise accelerator
> > propagation will simply be broken.
>
> I think you misread me : we dropped GtkItemFactory, not just
> GtkItemFactoryEntry.

that is an inherently bad idea, that will mean there's no facility to load
save and propagate accelerators for menu items for C++ gtk programs.
even if you create menu items manually, to get proper accelerator
propagation working with them you need to announce them to the item
factory class. take a look at gtk_item_factory_add_foreign() there's not
much beyond the menu item and the accel group you use to get stuff
working correctly.

---
ciaoTJ