Re: GtkItemFactoryEntry (was: Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?)

> > > better? well, you at least announce them to the item factory class
> >
> > "them" ?
>
> the menu items you create.
>
> > > with gtk_item_factory_add_foreign() then?  otherwise accelerator
> > > propagation will simply be broken.
> >
> > I think you misread me : we dropped GtkItemFactory, not just
> > GtkItemFactoryEntry.
>
> that is an inherently bad idea, that will mean there's no facility to load
> save and propagate accelerators for menu items for C++ gtk programs.
> even if you create menu items manually, to get proper accelerator
> propagation working with them you need to announce them to the item
> factory class. take a look at gtk_item_factory_add_foreign() there's not
> much beyond the menu item and the accel group you use to get stuff
> working correctly.

Is there any documentation on how all these things interact?  Last time
I when to wrap ItemFactory I could find no documentation as to even
what the arguments to many of the functions meant much or less
what was necessary to get things working.  I still don't find
any documentation on the reference manual.   It is darn
hard to wrap something that we don't understand.

We do have a working menu item builder (but likely not one that
gives the paths completely yet.)  The item factory builder
interface is utterly unusable in C++.  So do I need to create an ItemFactory
and connect it to the window to get accelerators to work?
What it the logic behind the paths?

--Karl