GtkText: new project

	I'm working on a new GtkText editor widget.  I've taken the
GtkSCText widget and I'm working from there.  If anyone else is doing
similar work, please contact me so we can avoid duplicate work.

	This is meant to be a simple, functional replacement for the
current GtkText.  It will not feature i18n support.  It will not feature
syntax highlighting or "undo".  It will not be the "final" GtkText widget
for Gtk+.  It will simply be an improved GtkText.

	My planned features are:

1) Horizontal scrolling

2) Intelligent line and word wrapping (letting you set the wrap boundary,
and whether or not a \n is inserted during the wrap)

3) An option to set the whitespace to be "visible" (as implemented in the
Win32 program TextPad)

4) Bugfixes

	...and that's it.  I think that will be good enough for the Gtk+
2.0 release, unless someone with more Gtk+ expertise (i.e., Owen :) wants
to start work on a full-blown i18n-supporting widget.  If anyone wants to
help me with this, please contact me privately.

	I decided to start with GtkSCText because GtkEditor (from gIDE)
and GtkExText were both too full-featured for a simple text widget--in
fact, GtkEditor uses GtkSCText as its base class, and GtkExText requires
the GNU regex library (and the horizontal scrolling is broken).

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com