Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

Yes, that was really my point: that the fast equivalent is
conceivable.

However I really like the safety the casts provide usually,
and usually the cost is bearable, it is only in these
*extremely* direct casts.  In some situations prepare/check
may be called as many as 400 times per second for each
source that is going to be mixed together.
Only there does it add up to enough, whereas usually the cost of
the safe-casts is negligible.  (And very helpful while
debugging...  a sound library is very annoying to debug
if it can never keep up when any debugging info is present)

- Dave