Re: gdk_draw_segments & gdk_draw_lines question ...

Sorry, I did mean X11R6.4, my bag...

As for how to cover the question, I quote Volume 2, p. 226 XDrawLines
documentation ...

"... find out your server's maximum request size using XMaxRequestSize().
Subtract three and divide by two, and this is the maximum number of lines
you can draw in a single XDrawLines() call."

I would be reasonably easy to bust up a single Gdk call into multiple
XLib calls.  As I'm probably about to trip over this in a couple of
days, I'll let you know if the limitation still exists or whether
XLib now busts up the calls itself.

Andy L.