Re: Plans for 1.3/1.4

Hi!

> > 5) A bit stronger themes?
> >
> >    Ability for non-rectangural checkboxes and making themes expandable
> > without breaking binary compatibility would be handy.
>
> You may like to take a look at my theme work at
> http://naoma.uniandes.edu.co/~masoto/gtk/ (the .jpgs there show it at
> work).  It works pretty nicely and allows a certain degree of theme
> expandability, but it certainly does break binary conpatibility.  Any
> ideas on how to do these in a binary compatible yet clean fashion

I took a look, looks nicely. My idea would be:

gtk+ allocates GtkStyleClass, and fills in all fields to default
behaviour. Theme overwrites some of them with functions/values it
wants to supply.

								Pavel
PS: Notice that in my patch I added new GdkStyleExpand field - that
was in order not to break binary compatibility with existing
themes. Above approach is cleaner but breaks binary compatibility.
--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)!		Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+