Re: close -> destroy

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:

> I create a nice dialog with ok and cancel button and present it to
> the user, now he press not ok nor cancel, but the close button of the WM,
> and --> boom ! my widget is destroyed, not hide nor anything else,
> destroyed.
>
> What is the normal workaround to this ?

If the delete_event signal emission returns TRUE (i.e. the last signal
handler returns TRUE) then the destroy will not take place (but you should
probably at least hide the widget if you connect a signal handler that
returns TRUE).

> for example, gnumeric die horribely if I do

It's a bug because Miguel probably forgot about the delete_event or
something. It would be helpful to file a report on bugs.gnome.org.

Havoc