Re: Plans for drawing in GDK-1.4.

On 15 Nov 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I've been recently planning some changes
> to the draw/update model in GDK for 1.4.
>
> I've put a description of some of my plans at:
>
>  http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gdk-1.4.html
>
> I'd be interested in feedback people have on these
> ideas.

This is what I always wanted to see in GTK+.
Today opaque resize is completely unusable on my Pentium 120, S3 V+, but
when I switch to Win95, difference is _very_ noticeable. I don't know if
Win9x toolkit uses backing pixmap, but opaque resize is _much_ faster.
The same goes for expose/redraw events.
So using offscreen drawing is definitely a very good idea:)

AlexP