Help with gtktext.c/find_line_containing_point() function

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with knowledge of the
find_line_containing_point function in gtktext.c?

I am having a problem with it where it gets locked up in one of the while
loops (specifically the 1st one) and don't have much knowledge about the
internal workings of this function so assistance would be appreciated so a
fix could be developed.

This bug does not show up on all my systems but I have a single line GtkText
widget and when I enter a couple characters of text and then tab tab tab
until the text is off the screen and a little bit more.  Then I start
backspacing and once it gets near the beginning of the text box it locks up
in the while loop.

Thanks for any help,
John

John Villalovos
Intel Corporation
2111 NE 25TH AVE STOP JF2-70
HILLSBORO, OR  97124-5961
(503) 264-1320   Fax: (503) 264-6380

GPG 1.+/PGP 5.+/ DSS/Diffie Helman
http://www.sodarock.com/JohnVillalovos-gpgkey.txt
1024D/1A25D86C 2F24 AD89 E5D5 C92B 7FE2  F878 7ED5 2D38 1A25 D86C