Re: widget colors/fonts

>   It looks like average user won't be able to modify/compose gtkrc. It would
> be nice, though, if for every widget theme writers provided a special styles
> like "attraction-look", then apps will be able to use such styles (provided
> they existed for all themes).

We keep running into this sort of problem in Evolution. It would be
great if themes provided:

	- lighter-than-default and darker-than-default background
	  colors. (I think they are supposed to already (the "light"
	  and "dark" colors) but few to none actually do.)

	- a handful of foreground colors that look good against the
	  default background color(s), are visually distinct from each
	  other, and go well with the rest of the theme.

	- a default non-bold font and a default bold font (one of
	  which should be the same as the default font). Probably also
	  a default italic font. I think Pango makes it easier to take
	  a font and generate related fonts from it, but that still
	  doesn't totally solve the problem, because some fonts may
	  not have any exact bold or italic equivalent, but if they
	  were specified explicitly in the theme, the author could
	  just pick an unrelated font that just happened to look
	  similar enough to work well.

-- Dan