Re: widget colors/fonts

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Martijn van Beers wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 12:41:47PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > > What's the purpose of this? Seems to me it only makes it easier for apps
> > > to hard-code colors that clash with your theme's.
> >
> >  I think there are cases in which this would be useful (like marking
> > GtkEntries with errors, etc) - so such functionality should be present.
>
> AFAIK, you should be doing that by having your app parse an additional
> gtkrc, which the user can adjust to fit with his theme.

  It looks like average user won't be able to modify/compose gtkrc. It would
be nice, though, if for every widget theme writers provided a special styles
like "attraction-look", then apps will be able to use such styles (provided
they existed for all themes).
  Since we don't have such "standard" on providing custom looks for each
widget, app writers have to provide a means for editing the attributes of
custom looks (like color of the text in the entry with error) they use in
"Options"-like dialogues, and gtk developers have to provide the API for
modifying appearance of the widget.

> Martijn

 Best regards,
  -Vlad