Re: Islamic implementation query

La plume légère, à Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:53:28AM -0200, heure d'inpiration,
Ali Abdin écrivait en ces mots:
> in gdate.h there is a 'GDateDMY' to show the order of the date. There is no
> reason for this to be "gregorian" based only. Should we somehow factor out
> this functionality into a "common" file or should i implement my own
> GDateIslamicDMY?
>
> In Islamic calendars we obviously have our own days, but they are in arabic.
> Should I use the arabic transliteration (i.e. AHD, ETHNEEN, THALATH, etc.) or
> should I use Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (note AHD == Sunday, ETHNEEN = Monday,
> THALATH = Tuesday). We will already use transliteration for the month names
> (e.g. RAMADAN) but there is no "equivelant" for RAMADAN in English - but there
> is an equivelant for the days.
>
> If I should use the english days, does that mean we should factor out
> GDateWeekDay, or should I implement my own GDateIslamicWeekday ?

The Islamic weeks are the same as the Judaic and Christian weeks. So there is
normally no reason to create something apart. The translation for each day
should be put in a PO file.

The only things which are different is the amount of days in a year, the amount
of months in a year.

Wolfgang
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.