Re: glib time functions

Thus spake Ali Abdin:
> * Nils Barth (nils_barth post harvard edu) wrote at 02:45 on 01/12/00:
> > Are any other (than emacs/windows) solutions widespread in the Middle East?
>
> Not really. 99.9999% of people (maybe more) have never heard of emacs ;) As
> far as I know the windows platform is the only Islamic calendar solution for
> the middle east (and possibly proprietary implementations by consultants,
> and/or "internal" implementations).

Hmmm....didn't you say Saudi Arabia uses the Islamic calendar for
everyday functions/official functions? If so, it must be obnoxious
changing the date on one's computer every few months (the equivalent
of the blinking 12:00 on the VCR, eh?).

> Also - Islamic calendar is not used for "everyday" work. It is mainly used for
> religious holidays nowadays. Most people just use Gregorian for everyday use.

While we're at it, shouldn't we implement Easter too? (and I suppose
Chinese calender things).

Also for past dates we'd likely need a lookup table for when the
months started (in various countries) -- though we'd actually need
this for past dates in Gregorian in some locales (though only for
VERY past dates, in general)

--
  -nils
Public key: http://www.nbarth.net/~nbarth/pub-key.txt