Re: New gtkpaned look.

> > Anders Carlsson and I sat down and came up with a new look for gtkpaned,
> > that will hopefully make it look both more modern, and more elegant.
> [...]
> > What do people think of it?
> > Comments???
>
> 	No offense, but I prefer the old look.
>
> 	With this new look, is it possible to change the width of the
> divider?  The borders feel a bit "thick" in your demo PNG.

Yes,  it is possible, as before, to change the width of the paned.
Note that all the drawing that the paned does is the 7 dots.  The
borders come from frames on the outside.  If you change the bevel on
your frame (or change to, for example, thinice, with a thinner border)
you won't get them as thick.

> 	However, no matter which look we choose, I think it's important
> that the widget be modified to allow dragging *anywhere along the
> division*, not just on the dots (or square in the old version).  This is
> how the MS-Windows widget works, and it's much easier to use.

That's how it does work.

> 	Also, could we make the appearance themeable?   (I know nothing
> about how themes in Gtk+ work...)

We'd need to add a gtk_paint_paned_handle call to the gtkstyles.  This would
let theme authors replace the seven dots with lines/serpents/whatever they
want.

-Jonathan