Re: New gtkpaned look.

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 jrb@redhat.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anders Carlsson and I sat down and came up with a new look for gtkpaned,
> > that will hopefully make it look both more modern, and more elegant.
> > Screenshot is available at:
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/jrb/images/for_andersca.png
> >
> > It basically replaces the handle with 7 dots.  The source, and a patch
> > against gtk+ HEAD is available at
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/jrb/files/gtksplitter/
> >
> > What do people think of it?
> > Comments???
>
> the behaviour is far nicer than with the old paned in that the whole seperator
> is sensitive for movement.
> however, i think the dots look a bit poor. i'd rather prefer something like the
> old knob there or some taskbar-like handle.
> but the paned are owen's pets and so he's to make that decision ;)

Looks good to me. The dots actually make it clear that the whole length is
draggable, which wouldn't otherwise be apparent.

I've committed the patch, after doing coding style fixups on it.
Jonathan still needs to add new functions to the style code to draw
the separator in an appropriately themed manner..