Re: Second draft (was Re: defs files)

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 10:35:29AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> George <jirka@5z.com> writes:
> > I however agree with karl on this one.  I've done this for gob (it doesn't
> > yet correctly handle the RUN flags, well only first and last)
> >

> It makes sense to be consistent about this for new widgets, but if you
> want to fix all instances of gtk_widget_show() in CVS and out in the
> world, go nuts. :-)

Oh of course not :), I'm just saying this as a sort of argument for adding
the magical comment.  So that the bindings can easily find out if a function
is just a singal emitting wrapper or a function that does more.

However I've also gotten bit by this before by expecting a function to be
a wrapper when it wasn't.  And checking the source code for everything is
just a pain.  So if the magical comment was in the headers, it would make
even my looking at the headers and figuring out what does what easier.

George