Re: Gtk{Tree,List} replacement proposal

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:14:56 Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As some of you know, I've been working for the last few months on a
> replacement for the old GtkTree stuff (and in particular, a better
> CList,CTree).  I think I finally have the API far enough along that I
> can post it to the list for comments.

[snip]

In some work I was doing with GtkCList today, I noticed when placing pixmaps
into the list it was quite hard to get the correct height for the pixmap so that
no clipping would occur.  The height was depending on the gtkrc font size being
used to draw the tree's labels.  In the new tree implementation is there a way to
get the available height to pack a pixmap into the list or better yet a way to
specify the height of a tree row so that an specified pixmap will fit into it.
If the sizing cannot be set on a individual item basis can it at least be set for
every item in the list?

Also hopefully support for GdkPixbufs is being added rather then having the
tree pixmaps as GdkPixmaps, it would sure allow the tree to look better.

Thanks,

Rusty
Rusty Conover        | rusty@zootweb.com
Systems Programmer   | 406-586-5050 x242
Zoot Enterprises     | http://www.zootweb.com