Re: Gtk{Tree,List} replacement proposal

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> gtk_tlview_column_set_visible => gtk_tlview_set_column_visible
>
> Rationale: this operates on the GtkTLView type, not GtkTLViewColumn (a
> type that exists but is internal),
>
> gtk_tlview_column_get_visible       => gtk_tlview_get_column_visible
> gtk_tlview_column_set_type          => gtk_tlview_set_column_type
> gtk_tlview_column_get_type          => gtk_tlview_get_column_type
> gtk_tlview_columns_autosize         => gtk_tlview_autosize_columns
> gtk_tlview_column_set_title_active  => gtk_tlview_set_column_title_active
> gtk_tlview_column_set_widget        => gtk_tlview_set_column_widget
> gtk_tlview_column_get_widget        => gtk_tlview_get_column_widget
> gtk_tlveiw_column_set_justification => gtk_tlview_set_column_justification
> gtk_tlveiw_column_get_justification => gtk_tlview_get_column_justification

[...]

> gtk_tlview_selection_set_type => gtk_tlview_set_selection_type

I agree for set_selection_type(), but I don't agree for
the column functions. The reason is the correspondence of
gtk_foo_set_bar() with the GtkFoo::bar object argument.
gtk_tlview_get_column_type() may read smoother, but
gtk_tlview_column_set_type() makes it clearer that it is operates
on the type of a single column.

(You could think of GtkTLViewColumn being defined as a (GtkTLView
*view, gint column) pair.)