Re: gdk-pixbuf and multi-page images

Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang@ultim.net> writes:

> Is there a plan to include support for multi-page images
> in gdk-pixbuf before version 1 is released ?

Multi-page images are generally evil hacks.  I guess you could tuck
them into a GdkPixbufAnimation.

In general, gdk-pixbuf is meant to deal with static images only.

> Also, what about less than 8 bit support ?

We'll be very happy to take patches to support them :-)

I don't know if color images with less than 8 bits per channel are
very useful.  What would be genuinely useful is to add support for
grayscale images.  Contributions on this side would be greatly
appreciated.

  Federico