Re: marks API

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
> ok, what is that get_name functionality for then (especially
> since there's no set_name counterpart)?

They can have a name established at creation time, it can't be changed
afterward. You can use the name to refer to them. For example the main
cursor is called "insert" and the other end of the selection is called
"selection_bound". Marks can also be anonymous, which means their name
is NULL. Originally there was no way to get a pointer to a mark, you
had to refer to them by name, but anonymous marks are useful in some
cases so I implemented that. Names are still more convenient much of
the time.

Havoc