Re: ControlMask

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 10:42:54PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> The problem with the bleeding edge version is that it needs Pango and we've
> only just started looking at that!  We've spent most of the weekend looking
> at getting the thread support in GLib up to scratch (it's 99% of the way
> there).  Hopefully I'll post some diffs when I get a moment.  I'd like to do
> more on GIOChannel but without a test program it makes testing/bug finding
> very difficult.  Is there such a beast somewhere?

Browse through GIMP code and look for GIOChannel.  Compare what is there
for UNIX and what is there for Win32.  That will give you a good idea of
what type of thing you need to accomplish.

It might be worthwhile to first verify that select() is still only
partially implemented on BeOS 5.  If they fixed it, then the existing
GIOChannel would work.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson@eventloop.com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking