Re: Highspeed pixmaps ?!?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Arndt Schwaiger wrote:

> Hi there,

> ?? Or is there any other possibility to copy pixmaps or other formats
> like color bitmaps very fast on a gtk drawing area ??

ok, i'm not exactly sure what you actuall application is, but you might
want to try out GnomeForest. it uses libart for sprite composition
of RGBA buffers, optimizes rerendering regions as good as possible,
and blasts the resulting pixmap via GdkRGB. in contrast to GnomeCanvas,
it was really speed-optimized for sprite rendering in the first place.
the last snapshot is available at:

ftp://gtk.org/pub/users/timj/gnome-forest-0.2.0.tar.gz

despite that, these kinds of questions are inappropriate for
gtk-devel-list, we intend to discuss gtk/glib *development* here.

> Regards
> Arndt

---
ciaoTJ