Re: TODO list updates

Ettore Perazzoli <ettore@helixcode.com> writes:

>   - Changing theme on the fly sometimes does not update the size of
>     all the existing widgets in running applications correctly.  For
>     example, if you switch from a theme with "small" scrollbars to one
>     with "large" scrollbars and then switch to the one with the
>     "small" scrollbars again, usually the scrollbars in running
>     applications remain large.  (At least on 1.2.x, I don't know about
>     1.3 enough -- maybe it has been fixed already?)

Themes that use wide scrollbars simply are hacking into the internals
of GTK+. It's completely unpredictable what will happen.

The need for an actual mechanism for this is in the TODO list.

>   It would also be nice if theme engines could specify thickness
> per-widget instead of just specifying x/ythickness in the theme struct
> as it happens now.

Thickness can be specified per widget - the thickness comes from the
StyleClass structure which can be different for different widgets.

> If I recall correctly, this is one of the reasons
> why, for example, you cannot really have Windows 95 toolbars in the
> Windows 95 theme.

This is different. The only problem here really is being able to adjust
the thickness of the scrollbar.