Re: TODO list updates

  I also have some other things to say on the look & feel side.  This
is probably not high priority, but these problems should be fairly
easy to fix...

  - I think the extra border size for Enter-activated buttons should
    be user-specifiable.  Actually, I would like it not to exist at
    all by default: it looks ugly, and contributes to the general
    "chubbiness" (as Miguel put it) of the GNOME UI.

  - There should be a way to disable prelight in the gtkrc.
    Currently, themes that try to be prelight-less just specify the
    same color for the prelight and normal states and this causes
    flickering.  (Probably this is not a major issue anymore with
    Owen's no-flicker work, but still...)

  - Changing theme on the fly sometimes does not update the size of
    all the existing widgets in running applications correctly.  For
    example, if you switch from a theme with "small" scrollbars to one
    with "large" scrollbars and then switch to the one with the
    "small" scrollbars again, usually the scrollbars in running
    applications remain large.  (At least on 1.2.x, I don't know about
    1.3 enough -- maybe it has been fixed already?)

  It would also be nice if theme engines could specify thickness
per-widget instead of just specifying x/ythickness in the theme struct
as it happens now.  If I recall correctly, this is one of the reasons
why, for example, you cannot really have Windows 95 toolbars in the
Windows 95 theme.

--
Ettore