Re: TODO list updates

>   A few things that I consider to be very important but are not listed
> in this document:

Nice, will add some of this.

>   - Menus that are bigger than the screen should be usable.

Jonathan is hacking this right now, hopefully it will quickly be
resolved.

>   - Menubars and toolbars should deal gracefully with a window width
>     that is less than their width.
>
>   - GtkToolbar needs improvements to be usable with Bonobo's toolbar
>     merging code (see gnome-components-list for more info on this).

I know several people have been working on this, do you know the
current status?

>   - The cursor should (finally!) blink in the text input widgets.  (Of
>     course, the blinking period should be configurable.)

My text widget has blinky cursor mode, because it rocks. ;-) GtkEntry
still doesn't, but GtkEntry code is in a lot of flux (it's the first
editable victim of Pango).

A needed TODO item is probably some way to configure this, configure
double click time, and all that stuff.

>   - It should be possible to specify bold/italics fonts derived from
>     the default gtkrc one.  (Otherwise, people end up hardcoding the
>     font completely, which is bad.)

Pango lets you specify fonts in a sane way, that should solve this.

>   - Make menus less odd-looking by not highlighting the first item
>     when you pop up the menu.

Should be a simple patch.

Excellent. Also, be sure to remind all the Helixers that they have
about 2 months to get needed stuff in GTK (the toolbar fixes in
particular really need to happen, and soon).

Havoc