Re: becoming embebbed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Frome" <andrea@bluemug.com>
To: <gtk-devel-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 3:46 AM
Subject: Re: becoming embebbed

> Could anyone hazard a guess at how small GTK would be if the embedded
> non-essentials were moved to another library (using the same B&W
> assumption)?  At its current size, GTK doesn't seem to be a pratical
> choice for a Palm-sized device.
>
> ALf

Yes it is true, GTK is so "BIG".
Size is very very important fact.
if Some windows, lib and Toolkit's size is 10MB, this system need 10MB FlashRom and 10MB Main memory.
actually, 20MB is needed..
but.. GTK's size is.. hundreds of MB... it is so BIG..
W-toolkit's size is 200KB and W-window's server size is 100KB in YOPY
(just one binary's size not include another library and some files.. ^.^)
current using devices in PDA or whatever is need small and powerful Windows System.
GTK is powerful, but..... so big..

if GNOMERS want to port GTK+ to embedded device, make new version of GTK+. like GTK-
it is just my think and i don't know GTK+ and GTK- in detail.... ^.^

but, i think that GNOMERS can do it. i believe GNOMERS and GNU People's POWER ^.^

how can we reduce GTK's size?

Ultracat from korea.