a bug in gtk_ctree_move()?

Hi,

At present, I'm trying to add message threading functionality to
balsa(MUA) and in the process of hacking, I may find a bug in the
the GTkCTree widget.

If the parent of 'node' is hidden(for example, its parent is collapsed) and
'gtk_ctree_move(ctree, node, NULL, NULL)' (node is moved to the last sibling
of toplevel) is called, SIGSEGV crash has occurred in gtk_ctree_is_viewable().

The essence of this bug is the following code in real_tree_move()
of gtkctree.c from Gtk+ (gtk-config -version says 1.2.8).
This function is called with an argument 'new_sibling' as NULL.

  if (gtk_ctree_is_viewable (ctree, node) ||
      gtk_ctree_is_viewable (ctree, new_sibling))
    work = GTK_CTREE_NODE (g_list_nth (clist->row_list, clist->focus_row));

Thanks,
--
ymnk, JCraft Inc., mailto: ymnk jcraft com