Re: glib time functions

On 29 Nov 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Something along these lines:
>  http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/util/Date.html
>
> There are useful URLs and See Also links on that page.
>
> Or:
>  http://doc.trolltech.com/qdatetime.html
>
> Be sure not to look at the implementation code for either Java or Qt
> though, I'm just pointing to them to say we want comparable
> functionality and show a sample interface.

after looking at the interface-specification above and checking the
current api of the date-functions i believe, it would make more sense to
only extend the current api with new functions of the same style.
2 versions come to my mind:

1.) extending GDate itself and adding new g_date_* function
2.) defining a new struct GDateTime and adding funtions
    g_dt_* with similar sytax as the g_date-functions

> Also useful would be a parser for the long ISO-format dates, I think
> these are the ones used in email headers.

haven't looked deeply in that yet, but shouldn't be too difficult ;-)

> Havoc

if you want me to start with one of the 2 suggested versions above, just
tell me ;-)

--
best regards

so long...
	Ray :)

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
  - Jeremy S. Anderson

| Raimund Bauer	- Kawasaki Zephyr 1100			|
| LBR-Admin	- see http://mars.tuwien.ac.at/		|