Re: GNU-Pth and GLIB

otaylor redhat com writes:

> User space threads are just not ever going to be as good as native
> threads

as good at what?  user-space threads might be actually preferable on a
non-SMP machine, if only because of the lower thread-switching
overhead.  so until the vast majority of desktop computers are SMP I
wouldn't be so sure. ;)

are there any pthread implementations that never go into kernel mode
on uniprocessors?  if there are, I'll happily eat my words.

> and basically all interesting platforms now have native threads.

now that's true.

--
May all your PUSHes be POPped.