Re: GLib headers

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> But I would like to rename glib-object.h to gobject.h, is that possible, Tim,
> or was there some other reasoning behing that name other than avoiding
> gobject.h inside /usr/include?

yes, name conflicts/confusion.
there's already gobject/gobject.h which holds the struct GObject implementation
and is way different from the inclusion master file glib-object.h.

> Also I would like to either move gmodule.h into glib/ or gthread into
> glib/gthread and gobject.h into glib/gobject to make it more consistent.
> That should be best done by someone out there with actual write permission to
> CVS by moving the gmodule.c,v file to save the history. (Bad enough, we lost
> it for all the new header files)

i don't want to move any of those files in the CVS hirachy, the current
is done by sublibraries and should stay that way.

> Additionally I don't see any strong reasons not to include gobject.h and
> gmodule.h per default into glib.h (as gthread.h already is). Alternativly we
> could NOT include gthread.h on default.

owen pointed this out already, i don't want people to bother about
having to specify gobject or gmodule as glib-config arguments but
include the header files magically.

thanks for doing the header split ups, however there's one thing i
want to see reverted, that is:

        * gmacros.h: Added G_BEGIN_DECLS and G_END_DECLS to mean: 'in case
        of C++: extern "C" { ... }' analogous to glibc __BEGIN_DECLS and
        __END_DECLS.

we decided against that for glib and gtk+ pretty early on after GNOME introduced
their pendants macros.

> Bye,
> Sebastian
> --