Closure bug? (was Re: Drag and Drop is broken)

Robert Brady <robert suse co uk> writes:
> In HEAD as of now, testtext segfaulting on the nth drag from it,
> (where n is 2 or 3) - it's pretty easy to reproduce...

I'm guessing this segfault is some interaction between the DND code
and the new GClosure stuff, with memory management not working the
same way it used to, so something gets freed or overwritten that
shouldn't. The segfault is a bit different each time and obviously
involves corrupt memory. Anyhow, between the DND code and the closure
code I'm not touching it. ;-)

Owen, Tim, to reproduce this, in the text widget select text and drag
it somewhere else in the widget to drop a few times. I also reproduced
it once in testdnd, by dragging quickly from "Drag Here" to the
trashcan, but it took a couple dozen tries to make testdnd
crash. Probably some sort of race condition.

Purify would probably nail this bug in 5 minutes if someone has that.

Havoc