Re: New keybindings draft

Hi,

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:

> I think this is a very non-user friendly feature of gtk
> and should be turned off for non techie users.

> This can be a big problem for a newbie since he has no clue
> what is going on. Personally i don't believe people shuold be
> able to set accelerators for their application, things work
> much better if there is one place where we define this.

I disagree. For The GIMP with hundreds of filters this feature
is a must-have. What I'd like to see is a way to hook into the
process of reassigning a shortcut so the application can tell
the user that it she is about to assign a shortcut that is
already in use. The user could then decide if she wants to continue
or cancel that operation. Eventually this feedback dialog should
be in GTK+ itself.

Salut, Sven