Re: Portability and distribution with Gtk+ 1.3

On 17 Apr 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > - there is now systematically a dependency on the thread
> >   library (libgthread + libpthread) which is not desirable for non threaded
> >   applications
>
> I believe you can build without pthread, if you pass the right stuff
> to glib configure.

The configure script for gtk+ now has a requirement for gthread in the
AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0 call, so it will fail to complete without
gthread.  Removing the gthread requirement in the configure script doesn't
seem to affect the build though.  I don't know if this was a mistake or
not.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au