Re: Portability and distribution with Gtk+ 1.3

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 09:12:43AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I know highly portable projects such as Mozilla and AbiWord do use
> libpng though, so you may wish to investigate how they've addressed
> any zlib issues.

Well, with AbiWord, we require zlib to compile AbiWord.  So, either
the platform uses the source we provide (compiling on Windows), or
uses a shared library (compiling on Linux).  Fortunately, zlib
compiles on every platform we've tried so far.  As does libpng, for
that matter, for which we do that same thing.

So you neednt worry about the portability of this code.

sam th --- sam uchicago edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dyndns.org/decss