Re: Portability and distribution with Gtk+ 1.3

> Sun's compiler doesn't come with Solaris (you need to buy it
> separately), and it doesn't really have any features to recommend it
> over gcc, so most Sun users are probably building with gcc. And all the
> BSDs use gcc.

Note that all the problems we got were with gcc, not with sun cc.

So as far as I understand, all the gtk+ development is being done on
linux boxes, and portability issues are only handled afterwards on a
'bug report' basis, is that correct ? For a library that is intended to
be portable and i18n compliant, that's a little bit surprising ;-)

Arno