Re: --enable-gtk-doc

Hi,

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

[snip]
> In fact, since 'make distcheck' actually runs 'make dist'
> inside the new tarball, it might break make distcheck,
> since --enable-gtk-doc is required for 'make dist'

I'm not upto speed on the Makefile's now, but why is this so?
I looked at the dist rule, and there was nothing special there that
seems to require gtk-doc.

The only problem I could see is that a maintainer build with
--disable-gtk-doc wouldn't have generated any of the files.  Why is
'dist' being penalized for that?  If the maintainer couldn't build the
docs, the docs won't be in the tarball.   If you're worried about
distcheck, it's better to make the install rules more tolerant.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ harinath cs umn edu