Re: GtkModule fixes

On 26 Aug 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Another thing I forgot to ask about this; in the bug report I have:
>
>    * add_dll suffix out of gtkmain.c into gtkmodule, GModule search path?
>
>    I believe this means that you should be able to do GTK_MODULES=gle,
>    not GTK_MODULES=libgle.so.
>
> Can you explain further?

GTK_MODULES=gle is already possible, early in starting gtk devel this was added:

#ifdef __EMX__
static gchar *
add_dll_suffix (gchar *module_name)
{
    gchar *suffix = strrchr (module_name, '.');

    if (!suffix || stricmp(suffix, ".dll"))
    {
        gchar *old = module_name;

        module_name = g_strconcat (module_name, ".dll", NULL);
        g_free (old);
    }
    return (module_name);
}
#endif

and i kept a note back then, since this doesn't belong into gtkmain.c.
if this is still necessary, it prolly should go somewhere into GModule.

>                                         Owen

---
ciaoTJ