Re: Filesel dnd patch

On Tuesday, August 28, 2001, at 03:46  PM, Owen Taylor wrote:

Actually, for the file selector, I think you might just want to
accept paths even if they have the wrong hostname; in some sense
the user is dropping the path not the file that the path points.

So you're saying if I drop the icon of a file on another machine (is that how these file URIs with different host names will actually arise in practice?), that it's OK if the file selector opens a different file that happens to be at the same path on my machine?

Since I have no idea when this can actually happen, I have to limit myself to asking questions. I don't really have an opinion, because I can't imagine when you'd be able to perform a drag of a file URI for a file on another computer.

    -- Darin