Re: GtkMenu and cursor change

> > No other modern windowing toolkit changes the mouse
> > cursor during a menu operation.  This includes Windows, MacOS, OSX and
BeOS.
> > There are real usability reason for not changing the shape of the mouse
> > cursor during a menu selection operation.

Personally I do find the cursor change to be distracting. The cursor change
subjugates me by manipulating my cursor in a strange way without good
reason. I believe as a general principle that the user should be given as
much a feeling of complete control as possible...

It's redundant information anyway - you already know you are in menu
selection mode because the menu is visible, right there under the cursor...
It's like the obnoxious button prelight state... (I already *know* it's a
clickable button. If I couldn't tell just by looking, then there is a
serious problem with the button artwork :] )

Regards,
Dan