Re: Setting window icons

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:
> > Maybe we should use two icons? large and small?
> >

> Unless we force the app to provide specific sizes (e.g. 48x48 and
> 16x16) it seems hard to ensure that providing two means you end up
> with better post-scaling quality than providing only one. Though I
> don't know really.
>
> I'm kind of predicting that anything more than a single icon will be
> too hard for app developers to get right.
>
> Havoc

I hope not.  For accessibility support for viewers who are
visually impaired but not blind, this can be a very important way
of providing better interfaces (bigger icons, higher contrast, etc.)

Admittedly I am new to the GTK+ icon support... themes can work
for stock icons, but how about application icons?  It looks as though
the icon list might be the best way to provide alternate icons
(for localization, internationalization too - really, icons aren't
100% international ;-)

So I have been reading this thread and wondering if maybe
we are too hasty in throwing this feature out...

Regards,

-Bill

--
------